For advanced 3D-IC applications, SPTS offers low temperature [<175°C] processes compatible with 300mm bonded substrates. Applications include via-last TSV liner and via-reveal passivation.
SPTS is the only PECVD provider who can deposit electrically robust, stable nitride and oxide films at <200°C.
Benefits of SPTS PECVD for Advanced Packaging
- SiN – SiO stacks in the same PECVD chamber – requiring fewer modules when running multi layer dielectric stacks
- High deposition rates at low temperatures
- Unique low temperature PE-TEOS SiO with unrivalled film stability - enabling the use of low temperature bonding layers
- Low electrical leakage and high breakdown voltage
- Active platen cooling that reduces thermal shock, reducing scrap
- Single-wafer and batch degas options to outgas substrate - improves film quality
- >5 years production experience for low temperature dielectrics using 300mm on silicon-on-glass substrates
|10µm revealed vias
||Revealed via coated with TEOS oxide