SPTS offers metal deposition solutions for two key areas of power device manufacture: thick frontside metal & thin wafer backside metallization – both on 200 mm and 300 mm platforms.
Benefits of SPTS PVD for Frontside Power Applications
- High Throughput thick Al with low defect levels – reduced CoO with highest yield
- 2x throughput increase. 30% CoO reduction.
- 50% fewer systems to hit capacity target
- Long target/shield life with fast chamber recovery, maximizing uptime
|MOSFET Al slab showing
|MOSFET flowed Al over
|Power IC M3 Slab Al
Benefits of SPTS PVD for Power Backside Metal
- Same basic hardware as frontside processing configuration
- Specialised hardware prevents active face damage
- Multiple stress control parameters enable efficient management of wafer bow
|Multi-layer BSM stack on
integrated thin wafer
For more details about SPTS' PVD technology for Power applications please contact us.