From:Office of the Secretary of State for Wales and The Rt Hon Alun Cairns MP
First published:21 April 2017
Read the Full Press Release here: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/businesses-recognised-for-enterprise-excellence-on-queens-birthday
Six businesses in Wales recognised for enterprise excellence on Her Majesty’s 91st birthday
- Established in 1965, the Queen’s Awards for Enterprise celebrates the UK’s small and medium sized businesses
- This year’s winners include the first group for the Promoting Opportunity category
- Research shows nearly 75% of past winners attribute the Queen’s Awards to increased international sales
- Entries are open as of today for the 2018 awards
Business Secretary Greg Clark today named the winners of the Queen’s Awards for Enterprise in celebration of Her Majesty The Queen’s 91st birthday.
This included six businesses from across Wales who have been recognised for their contribution to sustainable development, international trade and innovation.
Winners include businesses leading the way in a broad range of industries - from a remote water leak monitoring system, and an apprenticeship scheme in the construction industry, to development and manufacture of environmental packaging systems, and a sea salt manufacturer.
Now in its 51st year, the Queen’s Awards for Enterprise are one of the most prestigious business awards in the country, with winning businesses able to use the esteemed Queen’s Awards emblem for the next five years.
Winning businesses in Wales are:
- The Anglesey Sea Salt Company Ltd T/A Halen Mon, Llanfairpwll Innovation award winners
- HMW-Water Ltd, Cwmbran
- Siltbuster Ltd, Monmouth
- Cyfle Building Skills Ltd (SWWRSAL), Ammanford. International trade award winners
- Green Light International Ltd, Cardiff
- SPTS Technologies Group Ltd, Newport