The Sigma product range supports wafer sizes from 100mm to 300mm with deposition technologies covering conventional PVD through to MOCVD.
Metal Deposition Technologies
- Standard PVD – conventional sputter modules for low topography features
- Advanced Hi-Fill (AHF) PVD – ionized sputter source for deposition into high aspect ratio features
- C3M – Virtually conformal metal coverage using MOCVD technology for advanced liner/barrier
Advantages of SPTS PVD
- Single wafer processing, improves yields and on-wafer performance, when compared to batch processing.
- Planar target with full face erosion
- avoids re-sputtering, reduces particle contamination
- improves target life
- Rapid target change (<5mins), with common magnetron increases uptime
- Reliable handling of fragile, thinned or bowed wafers
- "Super Uniformity" option available for specialist applications
- Multi-wafer degas to increase throughput for long (low temp) degas applications
- Common software for 200mm and 300mm systems - ease of use