Molecular Vapor Deposition (MVD®) is a highly reproducible vapor deposition alternative that is ideal for manufacturing applications.
Typical MEMS devices benefiting from MVD® hydrophobic antistiction films include, sensors, actuators, displays, RF switches, inkjets, and data storage devices. BioMEMS applications include wetting control in micro-fluidics (lab-on-a-chip, microplates), passivation on implantable devices requiring biocompatible surface coatings, and devices requiring functionalized surface coatings (genome sequencing, diagnostics).
MVD® is finding increasing use in production applications requiring moisture barriers, anti-corrosion coatings, or release layers for imprinting.
The MVD4500 is our panel and large substrate tool. It is capable of handling multiple substrates with sizes up to 930 x 720 mm. It is the only batch process tool capable of performing ALD and MVD on substrates in this size range. It is designed for high performance, flexibility and reliability for the most demanding high volume manufacturing applications.
Features and Benefits
- Batch processing for high throughput and small footprint
- Gen 4.5 substrates standard – glass, polymer sheets, metals
- Capable of handling all substrate sizes below as well
- Components on trays or racks
- Custom substrate fixturing available
- Two tools can stack for optimal footprint
- Switchable GUI/Keyboard for ease of operator use
- Superior Cost of Ownership – low consumption and efficient utilization of precursors
- Up to 4 Precursors
- Integrated plasma surface treatment and chamber clean capability
- Automated process sequence routines
- Extensive self-diagnostic and data logging capability
- Exceptional reliability
- MVD and ALD-capable