SPTS Technologies Limited (we or us or our) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is SPTS Technologies Limited and can be contacted at Ringland Way, Newport, Gwent NP18 2TA, UK.
What Information may we collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Name and job title, contact information including your email address and demographic information such as post code, preferences and interests.
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.spts.com (our site).
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and the resources that you access.
What Use may we make of the information we gather
We utilise this information to understand your needs and provide better service. In particular and without limitation we use information held about you in the following ways:
- To enable internal record keeping.
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer, including customising our site according to your interests.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes, including information about new products or special offers.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- To aid in market research; we may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or text/SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual profiles.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from experiencing the full capability of our site.
Where we store your personal data
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or discloser, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Where we have given you (or if you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password safe and confidential. Do not share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure, despite our best efforts to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, each as defined in section 1159 of the Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. If you change your mind you can exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
Links to other websites
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from other websites of relevance or interest. If you follow a link onto any of these websites, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites. Please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please exercise caution and check these policies before you submit any personal data to these third party websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a small fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to SPTS Technologies Limited, Ringland Way, Newport NP18 2TA, UK.